Thursday, January 22, 2009

UCM OFFICIAL MOTTO: Servite Domino in laetitia! -- I will serve God cheerfully

“Be cheerful, always cheerful”
Nobody is happy on earth until he decides not to be. This is the way the path goes: suffering -- in Christian terms -- the Cross; God's Will, Love; happiness here and, afterwards, eternally. (Furrow, 52)

Servite Domino in laetitia! -- I will serve God cheerfully. With a cheerfulness that is a consequence of my Faith, of my Hope and of my Love -- and that will last for ever. For, as the Apostle assures us, Dominus prope est! -- the Lord follows me closely. I shall walk with Him, therefore, quite confidently, for the Lord is my Father, and with his help I shall fulfill his most lovable Will, even if I find it hard. (Furrow, 53)

A piece of advice on which I have insisted repeatedly: be cheerful, always cheerful. It is for those to be sad who do not consider themselves to be sons of God. (Furrow, 54)

Being a minister of hospitality who plays a key role in the living Body of Christ as the first contact believers have with the assembly when they arrive for Mass it is just but basic and primary concern of UCM to be cheerful always!. How Ushers greet and welcome both newcomers and longtime parishioners makes a world of difference in how people prepare for the liturgy about to take place.


No comments:

Post a Comment